Monday, December 19, 2011

A long lost friend


School days were one of the best times of my life.  I have a lot of memories attached to the school where I studied from UKG to Std VI.  It was a convent school, one of the best in our district.  We had spacious buildings, big grounds, a zoo, and a well-stocked library.  I was someone who was more interested in the grounds and the library and so was my best pal Rohit.  We were voracious readers.  Our library used to lend us 1 novel for 1 week, we would read the alloted books in 1-2 days (usually Adventures of Hardy boys, Famous Five, Secret Seven) and then exchange and read each other’s books.  Both of us were also comics aficionados and used to read a lot of comics.  Rohit had in the meantime also cracked the entrance test for Sainik School, but could not make it to the final list because of eyesight issues.  With so much stories inside our head, we ventured into writing stories and making comics.  I must admit Rohit was very good in illustration, but my stories were better.  Both of us made wrote and illustrated comics separately, and exchanged and read it.  The pages for the comics came from our notebooks.  As they say, good things don’t last long, we had to part ways as our school was a girl’s high school and Std VI was the last time we studied together.

Today, I do not know where he is, what he looks like, what he is doing.  I don’t know whether we will share the same chemistry of school days if we ever meet, still my search for him in the virtual world continues.  I have a hunch that someday I might find his name in the opening or closing credits of a movie as a script writer or director and I won’t be surprised.

2 comments:

Irfanuddin said...

That was indeed a nice story about you both....i wish you get to meet him in near future n share the same chemistry again......:)

Unknown said...

glad that u liked it Irfan Bhai...:-)....