Thursday, October 7, 2010

RIP Jyotish

Jyotish

Yesterday morning, Jyotish passed away.  It came as a shock to me.  He was a contemporary of mine, just recently married and also a to be father.  To say that I was close to him would be exaggeration.  On the contrary, I had only met him 5-6 times and talked to him once on phone, but those few moments were enough for me to get a glimpse of what lay beneath his mild and friendly demeanor.  He was a distant cousin of mine and like me was also born and brought up outside Kerala, but had been in Kerala for the past 7-8 years.  That his end came in a freak road accident also added to the sorrow.  He was hurrying up to catch the train on his bike, for which he overtook an auto, but could not see the bus coming from opposite side.  As a result of collision he was thrown on to the footpath where the back portion of his head struck (always used to wear helmet, but not on this fateful day) and I hear that he lay there for 25-30 minutes until the police arrived.  They took him to the nearest hospital, but it was too late by then.  I cannot really fathom the pain those who were really close to him have.  He was everybody's friend, everybody's well wisher, every body's helper.  His mother is devastated and so is his sister and wife.  We men are comparatively thought to be stronger, thats why I did not mention his brother and father.


RIP Jyotish, I do not have any words to describe what I feel when I think about you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even as man discards old clothes for the new ones, so the dweller in the body, the soul, leaving aside the worn-out bodies, enters into new bodies. The soul migrates from body to body. Weapons cannot cleave it, nor fire consume it, nor water drench it, nor wind dry it. The Gita

Unknown said...

That's true, but still it is very difficult for the near and dear ones to come to terms with the loss.........:(

Tracer Bullet said...

Time will heal everything, Dhiru bhai. I just pray that at his last movements he was in peace with himself.

Unknown said...

after the fall, he just got up and asked to his fellow traveler "are u all right"? and collapsed.....and i am not surprised..such was his nature